2013 Blog Archive
2014 - Jan . Feb . Mar . Apr . May . June . July . Aug . Sept . Oct . Nov . Dec
2015 - Jan . Feb . Mar .
Diane's plus size fashion blog
April 21st - Per Una (M&S) Shift Floral Dress for Day and Occasion Wear
Sorry folks. I HATE being unwell, but I've just spent a full month fighting persistent infections. Now, hopefully, everything's back to normal. I am really enjoying the spell of wonderful weather here at the moment, bringing with it the "feel good factor".
This warm weather makes me want to dress for summer and to sort through and evaluate my summer wardrobe.
Today I'm re-visiting Marks and Spencer Ireland, and in particular the SS15 Dress Collection from Per Una ,which has some wonderful styles and cuts which are very suitable for both more formal and occasion wear uses, and for everyday and holiday practicality.
From that Dress Collection, I'm wearing a Crinkle Floral Shift Dress in Navy Blue with a floral pattering throughout. The floral look is spot on trend for this Spring Summer 2015 season.
I am 5' 9" tall and I am wearing the dress in size UK18. All dresses in the SS15 Per Una Dress Collection are available from size UK8 - UK24.
I love this dress. The reasons being:-
1. the crinkle style material. This dress does NOT need to be ironed. Just wash (hand or machine), spin (or wring out) and hang to dry. The crinkle material look is very practical - especially for packing into a suitcase and taking on holiday. This dress really is "easy care easy wear".
2. the shift cut which is very practical for masking a larger tummy area (especially if you are prone to fluid retention whilst travelling and on holiday). I also think that the colour and style of this dress is ideal if you happen to have your "monthly".
3. the simple neckline cut which is flattering and very suitable for both a day wear and evening wear look.
4. the attractive lace panel shoulder area of the dress. Whilst on holiday, if you like to explore and visit stately or religious buildings it is almost always a requirement to dress modestly and to have your shoulders covered. This dress ticks these boxes but manages to do it attractively as well.
5. the colour of the dress. The navy colour is slimming.
6. the light weight, summery feel of the dress.
7. the overall structure of the dress and the skirt area which is fully lined.
8. the versatility of this particular dress, which can be worn both as a casual day wear look (with a block heel sandal for example) or as a more formal look with higher heels and either a pashmina/shawl or smart bolero style cardigan.
To see the dress in detail and to hear
my review, - have a look at the videos.
detailed review of the dress with commentary.
To buy the dress click HERE
To view the entire SS15 Dress Collection from Per Una at M&S Ireland click HERE
Until next week, in full health I hope. Diane XXX
March. 2015 blogs, click here - March 8th. - Floral Jacquard Design Mock Shirt Sweat Top from Marks and Spencer
Feb. 2015 blogs, click here - Feb. 26th Feb 26th Bold Orange Colour Striped Knitted Tunic Dress :- to plus-size UK24, from M&S Ireland - Feb. 2nd. Operation Transformation inspiration - Affordable Fitness Clothing from Marks & Spencer Ireland
Jan. 2015 blogs, click here - Jan 24th What to wear skiing.
Dec. 2014 blogs, click here - Dec 12th Half Length Black Leather Sheepskin Coat in Contemporary Design - Celtic & Co. - Dec 6th Wonderful Toscana Sheepskin Full Length Hooded Coat in Chocolate Brown - Celtic & Co.
November 2014 blogs, click here - Nov 27th Down and Feather Coat. Long Tall Sally. - Nov 20th Curvety Casual and Evening wear #4 - Nov 19th Curvety Casual and Evening wear #3 - Nov 18th Curvety Casual and Party wear #2 - Nov 15th Curvety Casual and Party wear #1
October 2014 blogs, click here - Oct 30th How to wear Tweed, part 1. - Oct 24th M&S Waist Cincher Knickers for tummy control. - Oct 16th Lipstick Boutique at House of Fraser - Oct 2nd Ann Harvey at Bonmarche
September 2014 blogs, click here - Sept. 25th Curvety Special Occasion dress - 19th Dickins and Jones Day Wear - 14th Yours Blouse - 4th Debenhams Tea Dress.
August 2014 blogs, click here - Aug 29th Jump suit from Pink Clove, - 21st Flared Skirt, Wardrobe staple. - 15th Fine Knit Cardigan, Wardrobe staple. - 7th David Emanuel at Bonmarche. - 2nd Road test of Leanne Shoes from Hotter.
July 2014 blogs, click here - July 29th Berlin Break, - 26th YOURS - Floral Maxi Dress, 15th Woolovers Jumper around shoulders look, 14th Woolovers City Look, 13th Woolovers Casual Layered Look, 12th Woolovers V-Necked Jumper - look #2,- 11th Woolovers Twin Set look, 10th Woolovers Sleeveless Top, 9th Woolovers V-Necked Jumper look #1
June 2014 blogs, click here - June 27 Suede Moccasin Shoes. June 20 Garden Party - Overlay Dress from Long Tall Sally. June 12 Aran Boyfriend Cardigan- Celtic & Co. June 5th Little Black Dress.
May 2014 blogs, click here May 22nd - The Return of the Trouser Suit. May 14th Agricultural Show or County Fair - Practical Styling Advice. May 7th M&S boot cut jeans May 1st Plus Size Revolution - money counts.
blogs, click here -Apr.27th The Plus Size Revolution - Curves
March 2014 blogs, click here - Mar 20th British Plus Size Fashion Week 2014 - Curvety. Mar 14th British Plus Size Fashion Week 2014 - Jane Watson.
Feb 2014 blogs, click here - Feb 27th British Plus Size Fashion Week 2014 - Dea. Feb 14th Diane Marshall Plus Size Model London Fashion Week. Feb 7th All weather fitness clothing
Jan. 2014 blogs, click here - Jan 30th London Fashion Week, plus size modelling opportunity. Jan 23rd Plus Size Acceptance vs Weight Loss. Jan 16th Plus Size Weight Loss - an expert approach. Jan 9th Plus Size, what size of fit are we describing?2013 Blog Archive
June 15th 2013 - Welcome to my blog ! June 15th 2013 - Welcome to my blog !